Document Management (DM) is one of the fastest growing areas of IT, as organizations look to achieve a vision of a single searchable repository, accessible by all knowledge workers regardless of geographical location. The vision is a compelling one, as the benefits of document management solutions are far reaching.
- Increased individual and work group productivity through ready access to timely, relevent information
- enhanced workplace collaboration, and accelerated time-to-completion for important projects and tasks
- Automation of routine business processes to decrease operating costs and make organizations more responsive to stakeholders.
- Greater compliance with regulatory requirements and 'best practices' for information governance to effectively minimize audit and legal costs
- Reduced cost, risk and environmental footprint associated with paper-based records.
This White Paper outlines best practices and practical considerations that help ensure successful selection and implementation of document management solutions. It addresses a broad range of topics from aligning business objectives and requirements through to information safeguards and integration considerations.