While product and application development are embracing continuous deployment, DevOps, and other highly-automated agility-focused methodologies, the back office – the “business behind the business” – remains in the past. Human resources, Legal, and Accounting are the last remaining strongholds of labor-intensive manual processes, and the costs are very real. Manual workflows slow negotiations, which can lead to lost deals or high-demand employee prospects. Human error and inconsistency can create legal and compliance liabilities, and a lack of archivability reduces knowledge capture and training.
In this Gigaom Research Webinar, we will examine the schism between the automated enterprise and the manual operations that support it, assess the tools and processes available to bring the back office up to speed, and present a roadmap to bring business agility and consistency to your operations. We will discuss real-world examples and draw lessons that businesses of all sizes can use.
What Will Be Discussed
- How do most businesses manage contracts and workflows?
- What are the compliance and operational impacts of these processes, and how do they interact with agility-focused efforts elsewhere in a company?
- What can managers designing back office processes learn from modern dev and lean startup methodology? Which lessons don’t translate as well?
- How can businesses introduce automation into their workflows and how can they encourage user (and manager) adoption?
- Where do social media conventions apply, and where do they fall short?
Who Should Watch:
- Human Resources and Legal Professionals
- Project Management Professionals