When it comes to cloud migration, most companies are overwhelmed with knowing where to even start. This guide discusses 10 key considerations you should take into account when thinking about moving to the cloud. Some of these considerations will require analysis of your existing infrastructure to inform your decisions, while other considerations will require internal discussions around your business objectives and resources. These early stages are so critical because optimizing your cloud journey really begins before you even move into the cloud.
In this guide you'll learn:
- How to calculate if it makes financial sense to move to the cloud
- How to choose which cloud to move to
- How to decide which apps to prioritize for migration, and which should stay on-premises
- What organizational changes must be made for initial and ongoing cloud success
- The pros and cons of different cloud deployment models
- Common cloud migration pitfalls to avoid