Envision this situation at a growing bank. Its competitive landscape demands an agile
response to evolving customer needs. Fortunately, analytically minded professionals in
different divisions are seeing results that positively affect the bottom line.
• A data scientist in the business development team analyzes data to create customized
• experiences for premium customers.
• A digital marketer tracks and influences the customer journey for prospective
• mortgage customers.
• A risk analyst builds risk models for the bank’s loan portfolios.
• A data analyst examines data about local customers.
• A technical architect defines a new system to protect bank data from internal and
• external cyberthreats.
• An application developer builds a new mobile app for online customer portfolio
Between them, these employees might be using more than a dozen packages for analytics and data management.