The first-ever Global Digital Transformation Benefits Report is here. The report analyzes 230 customer stories and 330 data points to provide concrete evidence on digitization's disruptive potential. It examines how digital transformation has driven CapEx and OpEx savings, sustainability initiatives, equipment uptime, and other key business goals. It also includes stories from 34 of our customers, including how:
• Tata Power, an Indian power company, cut power restoration times from hours to seconds.
• New Belgium Brewing, a US beer company, cut downtime by 50%.
• Vitens, a Dutch water utility, shrank deployment times by 65%.
Traditionally, the best practice for mission-critical Oracle Database backup and recovery was to use storage-led, purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) such as Data Domain, integrated with RMAN, Oracle’s automated backup and recovery utility. This disk-based backup approach solved two problems:
1) It enabled faster recovery (from disk versus tape)
2) It increased recovery flexibility by storing many more backups online, enabling restoration from that data to recover production databases; and provisioning copies for test/dev.
At its core, however, this approach remains a batch process that involves many dozens of complicated steps for backups and even more steps for recovery. Oracle’s Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance (RA) customers report that total cost of ownership (TCO) and downtime costs (e.g. lost revenue due to database or application downtime) are significantly reduced due to the simplification and, where possible, the automation of the backup and recovery process.
When disaster strikes, don't waste hours and dollars recovering critical data. vRanger delivers blazing-fast speed and granular recovery for your VMware applications and data. Get your free trial today.
This white paper covers the use of new growth-oriented file systems with snapshot capabilities, iSCSI for network layer independence, and a collection of other technologies provided by various vendors and open source projects to create a multi-tiered storage solution with self-service data restoration, long term growth, and disaster recovery.