The 2017 EMEA & APAC Whistleblower Hotline Benchmark report was produced with data from companies of all sizes and industries across the region. Use the findings to put your company’s whistleblowing report data in context or gain organisational alignment to start your whistleblower programme.
Use this report to answer questions like:
• Am I getting too few or too many reports compared to like-sized companies?
• Is my organisation following up on cases in an appropriate timeframe?
• How can I more effectively follow-up on anonymous reports?
Ethics and compliance officers have many opportunities to leverage the data in their hotline and incident management systems to improve their compliance programmes— and their organisational culture of ethics and respect. This year’s benchmarks point to several opportunities to increase programme effectiveness.
Hotline data that is carefully tracked, reviewed, benchmarked and presented with sufficient context often provides the early warning signs needed to detect, prevent and resolve problems. We at NAVEX Global hope that this report is helpful to your organisation and we welcome any feedback on these findings.
Good analysis and benchmarking of hotline data helps organizations answer crucial questions about their ethics and compliance program, including:
• Does our culture support employees who raise concerns?
• Are our communications with employees reaching the intended audiences and having the desired effect?
• Are our investigations thorough and effective?
• Do we need more training?
• Do we need to review or update our policies?
• Do employees know about our reporting channels?
Comparing internal data year over year to help answer these questions is important. But getting a broader perspective on how your performance matches up to industry norms is critical.
To help, each year NAVEX Global takes anonymized data collected through our hotline and incident management systems and creates this report.
For each benchmark provided in this report, you will find:
• A description of the benchmark
• Instructions on how to calculate the benchmark
• 2016 combined data for all industries in the N
Good analysis and benchmarking of hotline data helps organisations answer crucial questions about their ethics and compliance programme.
Comparing internal data year over year to help answer these questions is important. But getting a broader perspective on how your performance matches up to industry norms is critical. To help, each year NAVEX Global takes anonymised data collected through our hotline and incident management systems to create these reports. This particular report is the second NAVEX Global benchmark report we have published that focuses specifically on the status of ethics and compliance hotline services in the EMEA and APAC regions. This benchmark only takes reporting data from organisations that has its data warehoused in Europe—a subset of the data used in our global hotline report.