Cyber-criminals are increasingly sophisticated and targeted in their attacks. If you are in charge of ensuring the security of your company’s website, it has not been easy going as these notable security incidents reveal:
• Sabre Systems—The reservation software company had data from Hard Rock Hotels, Google, Loews, and others, stolen as a result of the breach1.
• CIA—WikiLeaks obtained and published documents detailing the intelligence agency’s hacking efforts1.
• Virgin America—Thousands of employees and contractors had their login information compromised1.
• Equifax—The credit rating agency had a breach into highly sensitive personal information of 143 million U.S. consumers1.
• Universities and Federal Agencies—More than 60 universities and US federal organizations were compromised with SQL injections1.
There are numerous lessons to be learned from these breaches. Despite the growing stream of news stories about highly damaging attacks that compromise customer info
How do you choose the best cloud security solution? Denial of service, data breaches, and SQL injection attacks are growing faster than on-premises firewalls can scale—you need a cloud-based security solution to meet the threat. Learn about the various solutions and techniques for web, DNS, and infrastructure security.
Published By: AlienVault
Published Date: Oct 21, 2014
Two of the oldest and most common attacks used against web applications, SQL injection attacks and cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), continue to impact thousands of websites and millions of users each year. Finding these exposures quickly is essential in order to prevent system compromise and avoid information leakage. SIEM solutions can be invaluable in this effort by collecting and correlating the data you need to identify patterns that signal an attack.
Steve Moyle, CTO of Oracle Database Firewall, explains the best practices for efficient database activity monitoring, alerting and blocking that can help prevent SQL injection attacks and other threats from reaching your enterprise databases.
Read this Trend and Risk report from IBM® ISS X-Force® to learn statistical information about all aspects of threats that affect Internet security, including software vulnerabilities and public exploitation, malware, spam, phishing, web-based threats, and more!